The motherboard is the main supportive pillar of the computer. It serves as the centre point of connection for all components in one place. Basically, allowing them to communicate with one another. Without a motherboard, none of the computer's components would be able to work in sync. Hence, for a computer to function properly, the motherboard must be fully functioning.
Having a gaming PC motherboard is important if you have a gaming setup. A gaming motherboard for PC stores the most critical components of your computer, such as the graphics card, CPU, and all other components required for its operation. If your motherboard fails, your computer will be unusable until it is repaired or replaced. The average gaming motherboard price ranges between ₹4,500 - ₹6,000 per piece.
ATX, Micro-ATX, and Mini-ITX are the three primary sizes of motherboards, from largest to smallest (Yes, mini is smaller than micro). With the micro or tiny boards, you may utilise a smaller chassis, but you'll have to make do with fewer PCIe slots, RAM slots, and other interfaces. Even though various motherboards have diverse capabilities, restrictions, features, and physical sizes/shapes (form factor), they are mostly identified/grouped/categorised by their form factors such as the standard ATX motherboard, the smaller microATX, and the even smaller Mini-ITX motherboard. To accommodate the design of computers, each manufacturer has developed its own form factor. Most computers made in 2005, including IBM and Apple, utilised ATX form factor motherboards.
Before you buy a motherboard for a PC, check if the motherboard is suitable for upgrading your system. This can be determined by five basic characteristics:
1. The form factor: A motherboard's form factor specifies its physical dimensions, mounting hole positions, and other characteristics that affect whether it will fit into a certain chassis. Since 1995, the ATX form factor has been used in the great majority of PCs. Upgrade your motherboard by removing the old one and replacing it with the new one if your existing case accepts ATX or microATX motherboards and has a suitable power supply.
2. Processor socket type: Choose a motherboard with the right socket type and a strong chipset if you're replacing a faulty motherboard and intend to keep your present CPU.
3. Compatible with Processor: A motherboard's claim to support a certain processor does not always imply that it supports all members of that CPU family. Check to see if the motherboard supports the CPU you intend to use.
4. Check the documentation, support, and updates: Check the documentation and support for a motherboard, as well as the BIOS and driver updates available, before deciding. The manufacturer takes support seriously, as seen by the frequency with which patches and updates are released.
5. Choose the right manufacturer: The quality of motherboards produced by different manufacturers varies substantially. Some companies, like Intel and ASUS, solely make high-quality motherboards. (As a result, for Intel CPUs, we highly recommend using Intel or ASUS motherboards, and for AMD processors, we strongly recommend using ASUS motherboards for desktop.)
Explore a wide range of best motherboards for PC from brands like NZXT, MSI, Biostar, Gigabyte, Asus, ASRock, etc. Buy motherboard online in India at the lowest prices from TheITDepot. Find here the best deals on various other electronic devices like CPU Air cooler, Computer Cabinets, Graphics card, Processors, etc. Check out this table before you go ahead and buy motherboard online:
|MSI MAG X570S Tomahawk MAX WIFI AMD Motherboard||23335/-|
|Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WIFI II AMD Motherboard||35430/-|
|Asus ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO DDR5 Intel Motherboard||56450/-|
|Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AMD Motherboard||14100/-|
|Asus TUF GAMING B660M PLUS-D4 Intel Motherboard||16440/-|
|Asus TUF GAMING B660M PLUS WiFi D4 Intel Motherboard||18840/-|
|Asus PRIME H670-PLUS D4 Intel Motherboard||15435/-|
|Gigabyte B660M Aorus Pro AX DDR4 Intel Motherboard||17715/-|
|Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR5 Intel Motherboard||20460/-|
|MSI PRO B660M-A WIFI DDR5 Intel Motherboard||15680/-|