Power Supply Unit is a crucial piece of hardware without which your computer won't work. Therefore, it's crucial to buy the most suitable power supply unit for your PC. Gamers should invest in a power supply unit for their gaming PC to meet the demands of fast processing processors, high-resolution video cards, and other such components that require a power supply unit to work well. A sub-par build quality PSU might not let you take its full advantage and can even cause long-term damage to your device. The internet is filled with a myriad of options for different PSUs, and it can be quite confusing to buy PSU online that will be the most suitable for you. Hence, before you buy PSU online in India, make sure you're well researched and fully aware of its different features, price range, and brands.
Power Supply Unit essentially converts power provided by an outlet to the correct format usable by the computer, i.e., from alternating current (AC) to direct current (DC). PSUs convert the format of electricity pulled from power sources to match the format required by computer components like motherboard, processor, HDD and other peripheral devices.
Power Supply Unit is a fundamental part of your computer, without which your PC would be incomplete. A PSU not only converts power to the format required to power up your computer's internal components, regulates voltage, and filters ripple but also supplies the exact or near-exact amount of power to ensure everything is working to its full potential. This step is extremely important since motherboards, processors, and other peripheral devices are particularly power sensitive and require as spot on supply as possible. A cheap quality or malfunctioning PSU might cause problems like the computer's system might not boot and become unstable, or your computer might shut down if its demand for power exceeds the capacity. In conclusion, it's crucial to buy the best quality PSU online to enjoy an overall better computing experience.
SMPS stands for Switched Mode Power Supply, and it is a type of PSU. SMPS is a power converter that uses switching devices like a switching regulator to effectively transfer electrical power and convert wall-voltage AC power to lower voltage DC power. SMPS incorporates high power density, high efficiency, flexible technology, increased durability, compact structure, and an extensive input voltage range. Before you buy SMPS online, take into consideration the robustness, connector compatibility, size suitability, and wattage of the SMPS.
It's important to buy good quality PSUs from reputed brands. Often people overlook and compromise on the quality, which can fluctuate the power supply causing serious damage to other computer components.
● Consider the wattage before buying PSU online. If your maximum expected output is 450W then buying a minimum 500W, 550W, or 600W PSU would be suitable. Because PSUs run at maximum efficiency and a low wattage PSU will not only barely fulfil your power requirements but will also produce more heat, decreasing its lifetime. As a result, it is a rule of thumb to always have a little bit of headroom before you buy SMPS online.
● Don't just buy the most powerful SMPS; rather, calculate your PC's power requirements through a power calculator app available online and accordingly buy SMPS online.
● Invest in a high-efficiency rating PSU. A high-power-efficient PSU will keep your device cool and increase its lifespan. PSUs have efficiency and reliability ratings on them. Named after metals like Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Titanium. An increase in the value of the above-mentioned metals indicates the higher efficiency of the PSUs.
● Ensure that the power supply unit's connectors are compatible with your device.
● Choose the size of the PSU that can fit inside your computer cabinet. Large-sized PSUs are labelled as ATX, medium-sized are labelled as SFX-L, and small-sized are labelled as SFX.
● Keep these features in mind before you buy PSU online: Fully modular PSU has no cords attached to it, and that's why you can attach cables according to your own requirement. Semi-modular PSU comes with essential cords like the power connector for the CPU. These cords are non-detachable, but you can add cords according to your need. Non-modular PSU comes with permanently attached cables. There are many other differences between the three, but the key difference lies in the cabling.
Being India's first online computer store for computer hardware components, TheITDepot offers some of the top reputed brands to buy PSU online in India like ADATA, ANT-ESports, Antec, ASUS, Cooler Master, Corsair, DEEPCOOL, Fractal Design, Gigabyte, LIAN LI, MSI, NZXT, Seasonic, SilverStone, and Thermal Take. You can not only buy the bestselling PSU for your gaming PC, but you can also buy gaming monitor, gaming computer mouse, gaming mechanical keyboard, CPU air cooler and much more at TheITDepot.
|Corsair CX Series CX650M - 650 Watt 80 PLUS Bronze Certified Modular ATX PSU (CP-9020103-UK)||5405/-|
|Corsair HX Series HX1000 1000 Watt 80 PLUS Platinum Certified Fully Modular PSU (CP-9020139-UK)||24205/-|
|Adata XPG Core Reactor 650W Fully Modular PSU||6380/-|
|Corsair CV Series CV450 450 Watt 80 Plus Bronze Certified PSU||3245/-|
|Thermaltake Toughpower GF 750W Gold Fully Modular PSU (PS-TPD-0750FNFAGK-2)||7960/-|
|SilverStone DA750-G 750W ATX 80 PLUS Gold PSU||6805/-|
|Corsair RM750 750 Watt 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX PSU (CP-9020234-IN)||10450/-|
|Cooler Master G600 600W 80 Plus Gold Non Modular PSU (MPW-6001-ACAAG-IN)||5700/-|
|Lian Li SP750 SFX 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular PSU (G89.SP750B.INUK)||10880/-|
|Asus ROG Strix 1000W Gold PSU (ROG-STRIX-1000G)||17470/-|